Friday 11 August 2017

Project Support Officer - Ella White

Apprenticeship: Project Support Officer Apprentice
Qualification: Level 4 Business Administration
Training Provider: GB MET
Team: Workstyles


I am currently in the first year of my apprenticeship at the council where I am studying for a level 4 diploma in business administration alongside my job role as a Project Support Officer.

After my GCSEs, I went to college and studied for my A-levels. I didn’t really enjoy college and I began to hate studying. Whilst I was in college, I also had a part time job on Saturdays and Sundays which equalled to 16 hours across the weekend. This became very difficult as I felt I was working 7 days a week and had little time to myself. Therefore, after I completed my A-levels I decided to try something different and do an apprenticeship rather than take the traditional route of going to university.

Since starting my apprenticeship, I am really enjoying not having the pressure of remembering every little detail from a textbook and I am starting to figure things out for myself by learning actively. I also enjoy working full time Monday to Friday with the weekends off to relax and spend time with my family and friends.

I am gaining brilliant experience and skills by completing my course but also my team is working on lots of projects so I am gaining some really good experience in project work by supporting the project managers. One of the projects I am currently working on is the Brighton Town Hall refurbishments due to take place next year. We need to be prepared in terms of logistics, such as where we will move the current staff in the building during the works and who will move back in after it’s completed. We also have to think about storing furniture and equipment. This is brilliant for me because it gives me the opportunity to keep my options open.

Before I started my apprenticeship I was unsure on what I wanted to do, but now I feel I have a couple of paths that I can pursue in the future to make a career, and I’ve only been in my role for a month!

I look forward to seeing what else I am able to get involved with. 


Ella started her Apprenticeship in June 2017 and will complete in December 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment